Monday, March 7, 2011

WWW Meeting Tomorrow...

I am meeting with my RE tomorrow and, for the first time in my infertile history, I have absolutely no idea what to do next.  I have officially exhausted my list of ideas.  If only I knew what was causing my repeated failures.  Are my eggs moldy, old and rotten?  Is my uterus hostile and issuing a no trespassing rule to all embryos? 

I am fairly certain that my DH, with his 'superman' and 'studly' sperm, is not the problem.  I HATE that, with all the advances in technology, there is no explanation for why a seemingly basic function of the human body is impossible for me to attain.  They can build a freaking robot that can crush Ken Jennings in a Jeopardy game, but they can't figure out how to get my body to do what the simplest of species have been easily accomplishing for years!!!  It makes me crazy sometimes.  Why can't those damn computer-building scientists create a  robotic uterus simulator  that has a 100% implantation  and live birthing success rate. Is that too much to ask?

Barring the uterus-robot option (which I can't imagine my RE taking seriously, despite its serious marketing potential), I really have to think about what I should do next.  I am going in with some more and less radical options to discuss:

1.  Another round of IUI with injectibles
2.  Another round of IVF with OE (although I am seriously afraid that the side effects of these medications will be as rough on my body as they were last time).
3.  Donor Eggs - I am pretty okay with the idea of not being genetically related to my child.  Unfortunately,  my DH is far more attached to his own genes (hence, the hold-up on considering adoption which I REALLY would love to do).
4.  Surrogacy

My mind and spirit are eternally willing to do whatever it takes to become a mom... sadly, my body seems to have a different idea thus far.....  *sigh*

I shall keep you posted.

Cheers.

1 comment: